If you are looking for a scientific and spiritual practice to help you regulate your nervous system and enter altered states of consciousness, then conscious connected breathwork may be for you.
The International Breathwork Foundation defines conscious connected breathwork as a breathing technique where you connect the inhale with the exhale, with no pauses. Conscious Connected Breathwork (CCB) is a practice of returning to our natural, connected, and flowing breath. CCB is a three-part breathwork practice including: full, vibrant, active inhales, followed by surrendered, soft, “let go” exhales, connecting the inhale and exhale with no pause, and remaining conscious with the breath and present in the body the entire time.”
Conscious Connected Breathwork is a gentle, psychotherapeutic process practice that can help you unveil and lift unprocessed emotion and trauma from your body at a cellular level. CCB teaches you to safely explore the realms of your own healing potential. By learning these techniques, you are able to breathe awareness and movement into past energy, emotion, and trauma, bringing it into the present state of being. This then gives you an opportunity to fully process and integrate the emotional or traumatic experience, and finally- fully release it. How Does Conscious Connected Breathwork Work?
Any breathwork increases the oxygen supply to our brain and entire system. This in turn activates more brain power, increases our energy levels, lifts and releases past trauma and emotion, and expands our awareness both internally and externally. Breathwork also activates a powerful detoxification process — 70% of our toxins are released when we exhale! If we are not breathing at full capacity, it is safe to say that we are not functioning at full capacity.
In addition, CCB helps you bring your nervous system back into a state of peace and calm. Most of us are living in a nervous state all the time, consistently in fight, flight, or freeze survival responses. Our stress and stored trauma are at an all time high, causing a wide variety of health and wellness issues. Now, more than ever, it is imperative we use all available tools to bring our nervous systems back into the parasympathetic states of rest and digest, where we can regain calm and bring peace and deep healing to our body, mind, and soul.
Conscious Connected Breathwork Benefits
CCB has many benefits. Some of those include:
- Helps you reprogram habitual patterns for better health and vitality
- Regulates the nervous system
- Restores nerve function
- Gives you heightened cognitive performance
- Increases lung capacity
- Improves respiratory and body awareness
- Helps you process deep emotional and held trauma at a cellular and somatic level
- You find relaxation, ease, flow
- Aids you in exploring deeper states of consciousness
- Empowers self-healing and understanding
- Helps you live to your fullest potential in all areas of life
- Heals past trauma, abuse, physical, mental, or emotional injury
- Decreases the symptoms of depression, anxiety, panic attacks, phobias
- You develop self-worth, self-love, and self-esteem
- Creates a deeper connection to self, source, and the universe