Transformational Ayahuasca Retreat in Peru: 16-27 June 2018
Enjoy a journey to the heart of the Amazon, where you will experience some of the most powerful healing & mind expanding traditions of the indigenous shamans of Peru.
This will be an intensive medicine plant retreat (dieta) designed to introduce you to Ayahuasca and the accelerated healing & deep psychological, emotional and spiritual reprogramming it can provide. There will be a combination of 6 authentic Ayahuasca ceremonies with one of the most skilled Shipibo healers of his generation, Ricardo Amaringo, and transformative workshops & integration sessions. The workshops are designed to help you navigate the shamanic landscapes and make the most out of the medicine journeys, facilitated by Kari Barron.
You will be guided by Ricardo in ceremony with his powerful icaros to enable deep healing, which will be supported by diets with different medicine plants he prescribes to each individual. Based on the highest ethical standards, Ricardo’s shamanic work includes personal integrity on every level. Special effort is made by his experienced team to create a safe & peaceful environment which enhances the healing process.
The workshops with Kari will:
- Address a variety of core issues that plant medicine can heal and help you to align your energy & intentions to move towards your highest & most authentic self.
- Give you tools to help navigate the ayahuasca experience in a safe way, while maximizing the learning and spiritual transformation it can provide.
- Provide skills to assist your journey through different dimensions of reality.
- Teach consciousness tools and explore ways to deal with & shift challenging experiences and uncover the gifts they often hide.
- Help you recognize emotional ties, unconscious beliefs & ancestral contracts that are no longer serving you.
- Give support with integration and provide some important tools to enable you to bring your insights & experiences into your life “back home”.
- Learn background information about plant spirit medicine and the art of ayahuasca shamanism.
This retreat is designed for those who want to fully immerse themselves in the power & healing these traditions have to offer. It is thus ideal for both beginners and those experienced with Ayahuasca who value a tightly held and sacred space to open fully to the mysteries that Ayahuasca can reveal.
Over the course of the retreat, you will access deeper levels of consciousness, remove blockages & negative energies and activate your own power. You will get a lot of support, with special attention given to integrating and anchoring your experiences towards meaningful change. You will return home empowered, with a new appreciation & clear direction in your life!
These retreats also tend to facilitate deep bonding between participants, which often lead to friendships, community and support networks which go way beyond the retreat itself.
World visionary artist Anderson Debernardi will also be joining the group to hold a talk on visionary art and the role of the Amazon as a sacred resource. Anderson Debernardi’s amazing and breathtaking paintings take us directly into the realms of mystery and enchantment unfolded by Ayahuasca, sacred brew of the Amazon. For those who have already begun to explore those realms these images offer poignant and powerful reminders. For those who have yet to experience them Debernardi’s paintings are a haunting invitation to share the magic.” – Graham Hancock. It is a real honor to support Andy and his work! See www.debernardivision.com for more information on him and to get a peek at more of his powerful prints that will be available at the retreat. There is also a beautiful art maloka on site where you will have the opportunity to paint, draw & explore the creative realms.
The retreat will take place at Nihue Rao Centro Espiritual located 90 minutes outside of Iquitos along the Nanay River in the Amazon rainforest. The idyllic location and beautiful design allows for a peaceful & safe healing environment.
There is an option to take a full day “Jungle Tour” on Sunday June 24th with Marco Antonio where you will visit Pilpituwasi, Fundo Don Pedro & Serpentario.
You will also have the option to participate in a kambo ceremony “the frog medicine” on Saturday June 16th if you arrive in Iquitos by 12pm. Ruber del Castillo from the Matis tribe will be joining us to facilitate this remarkable medicine. Ruber has over 20 years experience and truly a master at his craft.
What is included:
- 11 days / 10 nights accommodation at a beautiful rainforest retreat center (includes all meals, wifi, laundry service and access to an art maloka / creative space) 1 night accommodation in Iquitos
- Airport transfers / transportation in Iquitos
- Tour of the Belen Market; the perfect place to buy retreat supplies such as mapachos, aqua de florida & palo santo and a great cultural experience!
- A sunset boat trip where you’ll see the Iquitos area and likely some pink river dolphins!
- 6 Ayahuasca ceremonies with Shipibo Maestro Shaman, Ricardo Amaringo
- Individual program of other master plant medicines for deeper healing
- Individual intention session with Ricardo Amaringo
- Transformational workshops and information sessions with Kari Barron
- Guidance & support before, during and after the retreat
- Talk by world visionary artist Anderson Debernardi (www.debernardivision.com) A real treat!
- Integration sessions where you’ll learn how to apply your insights and bring them back home with you
- Guided jungle walk & educational session on Amazon healing plants
- Flower baths with healing plants
- Hike to a local village to explore the jungle way of life
What isn’t included:
- Travel insurance
- Airport transfers in Lima
- Peruvian visa costs
- Cost of kambo (sapo) ceremony
- Cost of the jungle tour
- Any meals unless stated
- Personal expenses
- Tips / gratuities
US$2,750.00 (Super early bird price $2,550 until January 15, 2018. Early bird price $2,650 until March 15, 2018)
Please make a $1,000 non refundable deposit to reserve your place if you would like to attend. Payment can be made via Paypal. There is a Paypal fee of 3.8%. The remaining amount is due by May 1, 2018.
Spaces are limited to 12 participants.
Some medications such as anti-depressants or SSRI are contraindicate with ayahuasca use. It is important to disclose if you take any such medications or have any other health problems to the facilitator before you register for the retreat.
Testimonials from past participants:
“Thank you Kari so very much for being such a huge blessing to me, as well as many others. You have divine gifts of healing and conveying the message of knowledge in a completely relatable and coherent way. Your teachings and guidance made all the difference in working with the Mother. My words of gratitude can never fully express the impact you made for me.” – Melanie, USA
“Traveling to Peru with Kari and the amazing Ateam of beautiful people she brought together is definitely the most magical and deeply profound healing experiences of my life. Kari is an amazing guide and support structure for this kind of transformational work. The beautiful energy of Nihue Rao combined with the powerful master medicine work of Maestro Ricardo Amaringo and his team was truly life changing.” – Jason, Australia
“I heard the call to connect with the Grandmother medicine for sometime and felt sure I wanted to meet her in Peru. I met Kari and became aware of the retreat she facilitated in Iquitos and immediately knew this would be who I would journey with for my first experiences. One of my best decisions ever made culminated in a beautiful group and setting in a centre with integrity as well as life changing experiences for me. I can’t thank you enough Kari for holding our space with gentleness, humour, wise teachings and heartfelt love. Much Love and gratitude!” – Nicole, Australia
Canadian born resident of Byron Bay, Australia, Kari Barron has been working with plant spirit medicines for the past ten years and has helped facilitate the journeys of others to enable them to fully immerse themselves in their work. Her relationship with Aya has offered tremendous learning about the diverse traditions and usages of plant medicine as a powerful healer & visionary ally.
She has traveled extensively across different continents experiencing & learning about different indigenous traditions and healing modalities and feels that it is a real honor to be able to bridge westerners with the wisdom of indigenous shamans.
Coming from a corporate background and discovering the need to balance body, mind & spirit, has led her to a strong passion for inner work & alternative healing.
For the past 10 years, she has studied and practiced a variety of meditative and therapeutic methods involving the connection between body, mind & spirit and the ways our attention & belief systems influence our experience. As a trained theta healer & energetic kinesiologist, she uses an intuitive and metaphysical approach to allow people to experience the presence of their bodies and emotions to transform dis-empowering patterns and bring balance.
The Shamans & Healers:
Ricardo Amaringo is a master Shipibo shaman with over
40 years experience as a traditional curandero and ayahuasqero. He is one of the most skilled healers of his generation having refined his skills through intensive dieting and arduous work under his master, well-known Shipibo maestro don Guillermo Avevalo. Ricardo has now developed a profound knowledge of medicinal plants, traditional Shipbo ayahuasca ceremony and is well known for his dedicated healing work & powerful icaros (traditional healing songs).
He treats his patients through traditional healing diets, plant medicine and ayahuasca ceremony. He also trains and educates individuals interested in pursuing this healing path.
Ricardo is blessed to be assisted in his healing work by his gifted Shipibo collegues and runs his retreat center with the help of his western partners, Columbian-American integrative family physician Dr Joe Tafur MD and Canadian artist & healer Cvita Mamic.
Ayahuasca, the word, consists of two Quechua words: “Aya” meaning spirit, soul or ancestor while “huasca” means vine or rope, hence it is commonly known as “vine of the souls”.
A potent brew is made from the ayahuasca vine (Banisteriopsis caapi) and the leaves of the chacruna plant (Psychotria viridis). The mixture enables one to access the energetic world that exists all around us and is not typically perceived in our daily lives. The Amazonian indigenous people have a great respect for this master “plant teacher” and it holds a prominent role in their spiritual healing and cultural traditions.
People from all walks of life, whether they be indigenous forest people, shaman, psychologists, therapists, spiritual seekers or those looking for solutions to health issues have experienced ayahuasca as a unique tool for self exploration, healing and spiritual expansion. Most have come to view it as a way to connect with their inner truth, despite western generated fear which has labelled medicinal plants as drugs and outlawed indigenous healing practices. The ancient medicine when consumed respectfully in a guided ceremony, it can enable you to:
– deeply cure, heal & resolve illnesses of a spiritual, emotional, mental or physical nature
– uncover your purpose and discover your destiny
– ensure success in your ventures & projects
– rekindle love & enthusiasm for life, and
– to experience the world as divine ♥